- If you think your teen is using alcohol or other drugs, find expert advice and great tools that help guide your next steps at http://www.drugfree.org
- MADD’s Power of Parents: a powerful new resource for parents to think about and develop strategies to address underage drinking in their family and the community
- The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, through a partnership with the Office of the U.S Surgeon General and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Office on Smoking and Health, created a website to educate parents regarding the risks associated with teen e-cigarette use. https://e-cigarettes.surgeongeneral.gov/
- For resources in Español, please visit http://drugfree.org/article/recursos-en-espanol/
BN Parent Print Resources:
- BN Parents Brochure developed to guide parents with students in junior high school in efforts to prevent substance use – Becoming Unstoppable
- BN Parents Brochure developed to guide all high school-age parents in efforts to prevent substance use – Your Teen is Listening. Had the talk?
- BN Parents Brochure developed for parents with a teen that is known to be experimenting with alcohol – Now What?
- BN Parents Game to promote strong relationships and encourage comfortable conversation – Would you rather…
- BN Parents Handout – What Parents Need to Know Regarding the Legalization of Cannabis in Illinois-Page 1 and Page 2
Educational Videos for Parents:
- Parenting Adolescents – A video developed for BN Parents by OSF St. Joseph Medical Center featuring Kristy Braun
- Screen Time for Kids – A video developed for BN Parents by OSF St. Joseph Medical Center featuring Kristy Braun
- Understanding Adolescents – A video developed for BN Parents by OSF St. Joseph Medical Center featuring Kristy Braun
Sample “No Use” Contracts
Drug and Alcohol Assessment
Over 50% of addictions take hold before a person is even of legal age to drink and a full 90% have roots in the teen years. If you are concerned you or someone you know might have an addiction, intervening now can greatly improve future outcomes. Visit Chestnut Health Systems website at http://chestnut.org/Addiction-Treatment/Adolescent-Addiction-Treatment-Services/Assessment and take the steps to get an assessment.
Tell us what you think, what you need, and what works! Friend us on Facebook.