- If you think your teen is using alcohol or other drugs, find expert advice and great tools that help guide your next steps at http://www.drugfree.org
- MADD’s Power of Parents: a powerful new resource for parents to think about and develop strategies to address underage drinking in their family and the community
- The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, through a partnership with the Office of the U.S Surgeon General and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Office on Smoking and Health, created a website to educate parents regarding the risks associated with teen e-cigarette use. https://e-cigarettes.surgeongeneral.gov/
- For resources in Español, please visit http://drugfree.org/article/recursos-en-espanol/
Face to Face Age Appropriate Talking Guides for Parents:
- Addressing Alcohol During the Elementary Years BN Face to Face Elementary Years
- Addressing Alcohol During the Middle School Years BN_Face to Face Middle School Years
- Addressing Alcohol During the High School Years BN Face to Face High School
BN Parent Resources:
- BN Parents Brochure developed to guide all parents in efforts to prevent substance use – Your Teen is Listening. Had the talk?
- BN Parents Brochure developed for parents with a teen that is known to be experimenting with alcohol – Now What?
- BN Parents Brochure developed to guide all parents in efforts to prevent substance use – Alcohol. Had the talk?
- BN Parents Brochure developed to guide all parents in efforts to prevent substance use – Because I love you…
- BN Parents Game to promote strong relationships and encourage comfortable conversation – Would you rather…
- A Guide for Setting Up Your House Rules and Expectations BN Setting House Rules
- General Talking Tips for Reducing Underage Drinking and Other Drug Use BN Parents Matter
- Going Out Checklist for Parents of Teenagers BN going out checklist
Sample “No Use” Contracts
- Tell us what you think, what you need, and what works! Friend us on Facebook.